Friday, August 29, 2008

Unpack your Backpack!

The night before the first day of school they hosted a "get to know your teacher/classroom" event to ease any first day jitters. It was nice to meet Marina's teacher - Mrs Richards and she loved putting her supplies away and finding her spot.


The room is decorated with monkeys which Marina thought was funny because Don always tells her that her name is spelled M-O-N-K-E-Y.
I'm pretty sure that the event was more to help Mommy than Marina. I felt much better after seeing where my little 5 year old would be going every single day.

4 comments:

Judy Cronk said...

Yes, dear Mom (and Dad!)--the kids don't stay home for long! We left Anna at college Monday! We wish Marina happy learning days!

Grammy said...

Marina looks so grown up! I know that she will do GREAT in school!!
Wish I could be a little fly in the corner and just observe her day at school.
Love, Grammy

Herod Happenings said...

Yes, I am glad we have one more year before that happens. I am sure Marina is ready to go and will do great. The kids always do better than mommy!!

The J's said...

Wow, hard to believe she's at that point already!
Hold on tight, the ride gets wilder! :*)