Friday, August 29, 2008

Marina's 1st day of School

Don had to leave for work before she got on the bus....such a bummer - crazy Caterpillar expects him to show up. :) So snapped this picture before they both headed off for the day.
Marina gets on the bus at the neighbor's house - Abby is on the left and is such a nice 1st grader
Mr Bethel is asking the kids to line up a long the wall -- but Marina is so busy visiting with her friends -- she must have a looser definition to "a line" than most school personal. It's hard to stand in a line and socialize. :)
This was about the time that Marina turned to me, waved and said "I'll see you when I get home mom!" A mom next to me said "I think that is your cue to leave." She was ready to get this show on the road.
Paige (in the jean capris) running to meet Marina when she got off the bus the first day. They miss each other during the school day - but the change in scenery has been good for everyone.
Getting off the bus the 2nd or 3rd day. I didn't manage to get there in time to take this picture the first day.
School is still going well - we are 2 weeks in now - but yesterday morning in the shower she said "I guess I won't go to school today" -- oh to have a life of leisure where you could be the boss of yourself. Sorry it's taken me over 2 weeks to post these pics.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun school pictures, Leann.

I remember when Aaron went to K and left his buddy Luke at home all day... they missed each other so much, but Aaron was needing the challenge. It's amazing how entering school age is timed just right... :)

Anonymous said...

Marina, the social little lady! Is she trying to be the "teacher" to her siblings yet, and teach them what she's learning every day?