Friday, April 18, 2008

Japanese Friends

Unbelievable Cherry Blossoms!

On Sunday, Yoshihisa came and picked me up at the Hotel and we traveled by train to the Sunday Meeting. Fortunately there was gospel meeting, so we went to lunch at a local Chinese Restaurant. It was just like ours with a slight twist to give it a Japanese flair. I felt right at home Sheila :) I then went back to some of the friends home for desert, and on the Gospel Meeting. WHAT a treat. Jim Easton was visiting the area, so he participated in the meeting - A New Zealander. His sermon was in Japanese, but it was refreshing to have an English conversation over supper. The three brothers took me to a local Japanese restaurant where we enjoyed Sushi and Tempura. Tempura ranks as one of my favorite Japanese dishes, right next to Shabu-Shabu.

1 comment:

The J's said...

Wow, what a treat! Would certainly put a different level to your business trips! Thanks for sharing.