Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Life's little lessons

Last night we took the kids out for Marina's 1st soccer game (posting will follow soon), and I got a little lesson on life. As we walked out to the field I spotted a man using crutches out on the soccer field with his two children and he was playing very enthusiastically. He was very active, and was giving the kids a run for their money. As we got closer I realized that he had one of his pant legs pinned up at the knee. What a wake up call for me! Here was this man with every excuse to not play with his kids - but he was out the out-performing some of us with 2 legs. It was absolutely eye-opening. Time spent with the kids is so valuable - they are only young once. It has really motivated me to be a more involved Dad no excuse is good enough to miss these years!!!

No comments: