Sunday, February 24, 2008

Back to the Homeland

This past week, Paige and I got to travel to my folks place in Ohio. I was there to recruit engineers for Caterpillar, and Paige was there to get as many treats from Grandma and Grandpa as physically possible. The recruiting was gruelling, but successful, and the treat quest turned out better than any (almost) three year old could imagine. Paige loved riding in the rental car with Dad, and getting to order whatever she wanted from the McDonald's menu. I did reject the request for Root Beer and Sprite - we had to settle on Root Beer. She tried to convince me that we should save some of the cookies for Marina and Mom - but they didn't make it home. One of the neatest parts of the trips involved Mom teaching me the traditional Stickel recipe for Poppy seed Dicke Strudel‏. Thanks Mom - it turned out really good. Mom also taught Paige how to make snow ice cream. Mmmmmmm good. I have not had it for years!! The week was a real workout for my taste buds.

Our Recruiting Booth was a Suite in Ohio Stadium!!! A view to dream of in November.



Making Snow Ice Cream - Paige thought it was a little chilly - but not too cold for Ice Cream.




Making the Family Treat - Delicious!!

Dad getting into the Action.

What an Awesome treat - it turned out great!!

3 comments:

Judy Cronk said...

Whoa! I want some of that dicha studel! (Did I spell it right?)

Judy Cronk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Huisman5 said...

I remember your Grandma making that! Delicious!